Director of Maintenance
LTI Trucking Services, Inc. is accepting applicants for its Director of Maintenance position.
LTI is a trucking and logistics company that primarily moves refrigerated freight across the country. LTI is one of the region’s largest truckload carriers, with over 260 tractors and 570 trailers, transporting 800 loads each week. The company maintains an office in St. Louis, MO and a terminal and maintenance facility in Madison, IL.
The Director of Maintenance leads the company’s Maintenance Department at a high level. This individual oversees the department’s functions and strategy, which primarily relates to servicing, repairing, and monitoring fleet equipment (trucks, trailers, refrigeration units). See attached Job Description here.
Technical maintenance knowledge, trucking industry knowledge, or direct maintenance management experience is all preferred but not explicitly required. LTI believes that astute and ambitious leaders can learn our business’s specifics and get oriented quickly.
Criteria for qualified candidates:
- Displays leadership and the ability to unite and motivate a workforce; can define and articulate a department vision.
- Comfortable with the engaged and tactful management of people.
- Does not conform to convention but is comfortable exploring different ideas and approaches; has an openness and preference for innovation.
- Approaches business problems with a strategic and long-term mindset; maintains an enterprise-wide view by making decisions with the entire organization in mind.
- Communicates well; expresses thoughts that are clear and organized.
- Quantitatively comfortable and detail oriented; looks for trends in data and measures functions objectively; uses data to make all decisions.
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to discussing this opportunity with you.